Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blauk.com.. "I saw you there.. and I thought.."

Blogging is Passe, welcome to "I saw you there .. and I thought..." :)
When I read about this concept in the Hindu, I was taken aback by the whole idea of this kind of macro blogging and felt that this concept made no sense. To my surprise, http://www.blauk.com/ is setting a new trend. Indians, who are often branded as stereotypes, are actually breaking the norms & utilizing a site like blauk.com to post there opinion on strangers decorously.

The concept...quite simple and neat.. it's a short blog service which allows you to post macro blogs about random people you meet/observe. When I first saw the posts, they were hilarious. :) People have provided some amazing information such as when and where they saw the person which lets the readers identify themselves and connect with it. The good thing is, it's uncontaminated ;) yet loud; so makes total sense! But how is Blauk.com going to maintain a healthy platform for strangers interaction is something we would have to wait and watch.

The idea has great potential in today's socio-networking site savvy world & hat's off to Samson Manickaraj, the creator, who claims that this is bigger than twitter and facebook. Considering the fact that it's just 4 weeks old, it will be exciting to watch it's flow. Check it out people :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment